Details for Date: November 15, 2017 Names and Address of Occupants and
Date: November 15, 2017
Names and Address of Occupants and Persons with Substantial Interest:
Harold D. Hughes 331 W. Elm Street
Oakland City, IN 47660
Selicia D. Hughes 331 W. Elm Street
Oakland City, IN 47660
Fifth Third Bank
c/o Corporation Service Company
135 North Pennnsylvania Street, Suite 1610
Indianapolis, IN 46204
City of Oakland City City Hall
301 S. Franklin Street Oakland City, IN 47660
NOTICE OF SALE AND EXPIRATION OF PERIOD OF REDEMPTION
PARCEL NUMBER: 26-14-18-303-000.328-007
STREET ADDRESS: 331 W. Elm Street, Oakland City, IN 47660
TAX SALE CERTIFICATE NUMBER: 261700035
THIS PARCEL MUST BE REDEEMED BY: September 11, 2018
TO: Harold D. Hughes, Selicia D. Hughs, Fifth Third Bank, and
the City of Oakland City
Pursuant to l.C. 6-1.1-2-4.5, you are hereby notified that the below-described real estate was sold at tax sale for the non-payment of real estate taxes. According to public records, you had a substantial interest in this property on the date of the tax sale. You are hereby notified as follows:
1. A Petition for Tax Deed will be filed after September 11, 2018.
2. After September 11, 2018, the petitioner intends to petition for a Tax Deed
to be issued.
3. Brief Legal Description of Real Estate: SOUTH ENLG 7 BLK 8
4. Date of Tax Sale: September 11, 2017
5. Names of Purchasers or Purchasers' Assignee: Wayne Ewin
6. Any person may redeem the tract, parcel, or real property.
7. Amount Required for Redemption:
(a) Judgment Amount Due at Time of Tax Sale $2,375.70
(b) PLUS 10% of Item 7(a) if redeemed WITHIN six (6) months of the date of tax sale, AND/OR 15% of item 7(a) if redeemed AFTER six (6) months of the date of the tax sale..................................Call county Auditor
(c) PLUS 5% per annum of the surplus amount.
The surplus amount is $0.00...... ...................................... $0.00
(d) PLUS additional taxes and/or assessment paid by
Purchasers subsequent to tax sale to date.............................$0.00
(e) PLUS additional expenses incurred by Purchasers recoverable under
IC 6-1.1-25-2(e) to date..................................................... $1,000.00
(f) TOTAL needed to redeem the parcel .....................Call county Auditor
The telephone number of the Gibson County Auditor is (812) 385-4927
8. The purchasers are entitled to reimbursement for additional taxes or special assessments on the tract or real property that were paid by the purchaser subsequent to the tax sale and before redemption plus interest.
9. The parcel of real property has not been redeemed.
10. The purchasers or the purchasers' assignee are entitled to receive a deed for the parcel or real property, herein described, if it is not redeemed before the date specified in Paragraph 12, below.
11. The purchasers or purchasers' assignee is entitled to reimbursement for the costs described in l.C. 6-l.1-25-2(e), (the attorney fees, the costs of giving notice and the costs of a title search or of examining and updating the abstract of title for the real estate incurred by the purchaser(s) in complying with IC 6- 1.1-25-4.5 and 6-1.1-25-4.6.
12. The date of expiration of the period of redemption is September 11, 2018.
13. If the property is not redeemed, the owner of record at the time the tax deed is issued may have a right to the tax sale surplus, if any.
14. Street Address or Common Description of the Tract or Real Property, if any: 331 W. Elm Street, Oakland City, IN 47660.
Ray M. Druley, Attorney No. 4759-26
505 N. Church Street
P.O. Box 146
Fort Branch, IN 47648
Phone: (812) 753-4975
Attorney for Wayne Ewin