Details for LEGAL ADVERTISEMENT REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS CITY OF OAKLAND CITY, INDIANA
REQUEST FOR STATEMENT
CITY OF OAKLAND CITY, INDIANA
In order to assure compliance with the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) and related requirements regarding competitive negotiation of professional consultant services, the City of Oakland City is seeking Statements of Qualifications for the provision of planning technical assistance related to the development of a storm water system and facilities plan. The anticipated time frame for this project will begin in January, 2018, and end in January, 2019.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES NEEDED
The following are requirements for activities in developing a storm water system and facilities plan:
INDIANA OFFICE OF COMMUNITY & RURAL AFFAIRS: MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Title page
• Table of contents
• Numbered pages
• A 2-4 page executive summary
• Maps, photographs, and/or drawings sufficient to illustrate the critical elements of the planning document
• Clear easily readable illustrations, tables, and maps
• Clear concise readable text with a minimum of professional jargon
• Sources clearly indicated in tables and/or by footnote in text
• Provide one (1) digital copy and ten (10) hard copies of the plan (of which one copy will be submitted to the IOCRA)
The storm water planning study will comply with:
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Rural Utilities Service BULLETIN 1780-2
The Preliminary Engineering Report should clearly describe the current situation, analyze alternatives, and propose a specific course of action.
ELEMENTS OF THE PLAN
A. INTRODUCTION/EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
• Objectives of the plan
• Scope of the plan
• Events that led to the planning process
• Who commissioned the plan
• Process used in developing the plan
- Community meetings/discussion
• How to use the plan
B. EXISTING FACILITIES (if applicable):
• Project Planning Area
- Location (maps, photographs, sketches)
- Environmental resources present
- Growth areas and population trends
• Existing Facilities/Conditions:
- Location map
- Condition of facilities
- Collection/Treatment/Storage/ Disposal
- Financial status of existing facilities
- Current rate schedules, O&M, capital improvements, debt reserve
C. NEED FOR PROJECT
• Health, Sanitation, Security
• System Operations/Maintenance
D. IMPLEMENTATION ALTERNATIVES
• Prioritized outline of specific, quantifiable actions in logical order or phases, including proposed:
- Description/Design Criteria
- Environmental Impacts
- Land Requirements
- Construction Considerations
- General estimates of costs (construction, non-construction, O&M)
- Advantages/Disadvantages of each alternative
E. RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVE
- Project Design
- Cost Estimates and financial considerations
- Financial tools - local assessments, grants, tax credits
- Legal tools - ordinances, enforcement policy
- Workforce - groups and organizations that can help with implementation
• Proposed revisions and re-connections to existing plans and land use regulations
• Overview of the plan, process and who was involved
• Timeframes and mechanisms for evaluation, monitoring and updating the plan
• Survey information
• Specifications on materials or products
• Details of any elements of the plan
Type of Contract
The City of Oakland City will execute either a firm, fixed-price contract, or a cost-reimbursement contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of planning grant funding.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
1. 24 CFR Part 85 .36
2. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
3. Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
4. Access to records.
5. Executive Order 11246 – Equal employment Opportunity
6. Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
7. Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
8. Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
9. Section 3 clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
10. Section 504-Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
11. Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
12. Executive Order 11063
13. Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
14. Davis Bacon and Related Acts.
The Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs has a 10% MBE/WBE goal for all projects funded with Community Development Block Grant Funds.
Rate of Qualifications
The statement of qualifications must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and determine that the engineer is qualified and experienced in storm water utility projects. Do not include a proposed fee with the statement of qualifications as this is a qualification based selection process. The statement of qualifications should include the following:
1. A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
2. A list of similar projects previously completed.
3. A list of references.
4. Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
5. Name of person to be in charge of project.
6. Description of scope of services as per “Description of Services Needed”.
7. A project time line.
The statement of qualifications shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contracted during the period of statement of qualifications evaluation.
Award of Contract
Statement of qualifications Evaluation criteria shall include:
1. Specialized experience or technical expertise of the organization and its personnel in connection with the scope of services to be provided and complexity of the project. (25 points)
2. Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timelines and cost control. (25 points)
3. Capacity of the organization to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current planned workload of the firm. (25 points)
4. Familiarity of the organization with this type of project or problems applicable to the project. (25 points)
* For a total of 100 points possible.
If you are interested in providing the required services, please note that five (5) copies of the Statement of Qualifications of each prospective organization must be received by the City of Oakland City, Clerk Treasure’s Office, 301 S. Franklin Street, Oakland City, Indiana 47660 no later than 4:00 p.m. local time on October 30, 2017. Each Statement of Qualifications will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. Interviews are expected to be held on November 15, 2017.
The City may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers. The City reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements of Qualifications. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The consultant is tentatively scheduled to be selected by the City on November 28, 2017. The contract for the selected consultant is anticipated to be executed in January 2018 contingent upon award of the CDBG Planning Grant. Offerors may desire additional information, a site visit or clarification regarding the Statement of Qualifications. If so please contact Mayor Hugh Wirth between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. local time at (812) 749-3222.
PDC September 28, 2017 hspaxlp