The following guidelines apply for information collected from visitors to the
Princeton Daily Clarion Online Web site:
The Princeton Daily Clarion Online is committed to protecting your privacy. We believe you have a right to know what information we collect about you when you visit our Web site and how that information is used and safeguarded.
Your Personal Information
We collect personally identifiable information (name, e-mail address, etc.) and/or demographic data (zip code, gender, etc.) that you submit when you: Register for our services
Complete a survey
Enter a contest, promotion, or sweepstakes
Order a subscription to our newspaper Place a classified ad
Send us an e-mail
Submit reader opinions
We do not give or sell any personally identifiable information to advertisers or other outside parties. We may use this information to process and maintain your account, reply to your specific questions and requests, verify submitted editorial information (ie: wedding and birth announcements,) inform you of special offers from us and compile aggregate demographic statistics about our users.
The Princeton Daily Clarion Online is not responsible for the policies or actions of third parties that may collect any information you disclose in the Opinions, Guest Book, Classifieds, Community Calendar or other public forums on this site.
Our partners and other Internet sites and services that may be accessible through the Princeton Daily Clarion Online have separate data and privacy practices. These sites include, but are not limited to, TownNews and dotPhoto. Please contact those sites directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) stipulates that Web site operators cannot knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13 without verifiable parental permission. While we offer information on our site that is appropriate for, available to and useful to children, we do not seek children's participation in services that require registration.
You must be 18 years or older to participate in the following services:
Register for our services
Complete a survey (unless otherwise noted)
Enter a contest, promotion, or sweepstakes
Order a subscription to our newspaper
Place a classified ad
Submit reader opinions, pictures, video, audio or other written document
Cookies and IP Addresses
We do not use IP addresses to track user traffic patterns and content preference.
How to contact us
In the interest of maintaining an environment of civil information and mutual respect, Tri-State Media advises all readers and contributors of this web site of the following:
1. We do not control the comments, messages, or postings sent to the site. However, we, or a third party acting on our behalf, may monitor said messages. Inappropriate submissions will be rejected.
2. We reserve the right to refuse to post, remove, or edit any messages, comments, or postings sent to the site, based on our discretion, but we assume no obligation to do so.
3. Any action that infringes upon another user's right to use and enjoy this site is prohibited.
4. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access and use of this site if, in our view, your conduct fails to meet any of our guidelines.
5. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.
6. Participation on this site is conditional and for continued use, you must not:
6a. Include any information which is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
6b. Use the site for any unlawful purpose or to transmit any material that contains a virus.
6c. Use the site to encourage illegal or destructive activities in others.
6d. Use the site to make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights of any party.
6e. Use the site to make available any content that is harmful to minors in any way.
6f. Use the site that is, in any way, harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
6g. Use the site for posting, uploading, emailing, or otherwise transmitting junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
6h. Attempt to interfere with any other person's use of the site.
6i. Misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person.
6j. Identify yourself as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with us.
6k. Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us or in connection with the site.
7. You assert that the information, pictures, audio, and video you contribute are your own, are licensed to be uploaded and downloaded by other participants, are in the public domain, or are otherwise free of copyright or other restrictions. You also grant tristate-media.com and Tri-State Media an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to redistribute or republish the information in any medium or form.
8. As previously mentioned, all content submitted by users is subject to approval prior to posting. The following are some general guidelines for posting user generated content:
8a. Most comments will be posted provided they are on-topic and not abusive, however, decisions to permit postings are are subjective. They will be made as carefully and consistently as possible.
8b. Comments should make their point quickly and politely. Personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence and "SHOUTING" will not be tolerated.
8c. Comments will not be edited. They will either be approved or not. Authors of rejected comments will not be contacted with an explanation for the decision.
8d. Comments will be displayed in connection with the article to which they are related. We reserve the additional right to display comments in a variety of ways, including within future articles or within advertisements.
8e. Comments will typically be processed more quickly during business hours.
8f. We encourage those making contributions of any sort fsto identify themselves in some effective fashion such as their real name or their first initial and last name. Individuals who identify themselves typically engage in more respectful and thoughtful conversations.